Friday, May 22, 2015

Epilogue

Epilogue:  Wow what at trip!

Start:  The Woodlands, TX 05:30, 5/7/2015
End:  The Woodlands, TX 21:30, 5/18/2015

Odometer indicated 6,545.0 miles.   GPS shows almost exactly 100 miles less, to top it all off not 1 single speeding ticket or even a road side conversation.


This was our route, you can zoom in and use satellite view along the route if your curious by viewing it on Spotwalla.   



Mom's 2015 Honda Pilot performed flawlessly, I believe we were all very comfortable and we had space to stretch out and keep our "goodies" with us.  I was totally taken by the cars fuel economy.   We averaged over 22 MPG for the entire trip.   Best tank was 25.6 MPG and worst was 19.9 MPG.  To be fair that 19.9 MPG tank was when we were in stop and go Montreal traffic for 2 hours of our life that we will NEVER get back.


We traveled through 25 different states, primarily on the smaller roads which was a treat, even if some of the mountain roads in North Carolina made us want a straight road for a little while.  Only a short little while, but Rudy was getting dizzy in the back seat and 25 MPH might as well been 120 MPH.   I will return to do these roads on my motorcycle one day.



We all loved the stretch between Niagara Falls and Augusta Maine the most.   Lake George, NY was a hoot, a neat town but nothing open, please come back Memorial Day was lesson learned.  But to be honest I don't think it will be as nice then with all the people, as it is, we will remember it as a town we had to ourselves.

Vermont and New Hampshire were unlike any where else I had been in the USA before.   US Hwy 4 between Interstates 87 and 93 is one of the most scenic byways I have traveled.  It is on my list to return to some day.




As road trips go, this is one that I will never forget, with 122.06 hours of vehicle time, one of my longest road trips yet.  Being able to spend that much time with my Mom & Dad though, truly was priceless.   



No comments:

Post a Comment